I hate to be wasteful! Last month I needed some yellow corn meal to make some hush puppies for our Oscar party and I ended up having to buy a huge box.
What do you do with yellow corn meal? You make taco skillet, that's what you do!
Enjoy!
Stacy
TACO SKILLET
Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1-6 ounce can Mexican style corn (drained)
½ cup cold water
1 packet taco seasoning (1.25 ounce)
Grated Mexican-style cheese
¾ cup Yellow Corn Meal
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup evaporated milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1-6 ounce can Mexican style corn (drained)
½ cup cold water
1 packet taco seasoning (1.25 ounce)
Grated Mexican-style cheese
¾ cup Yellow Corn Meal
¼ cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup evaporated milk
1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a 10” cast iron skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer
pink; drain excess fat.
Stir in corn, water and taco
seasoning packet. Cook over low heat for 6-8 minutes or until mixture thickens.
Top with cheese.
In a medium bowl, combine
corn meal, flour and baking powder.
In a small bowl, mix
evaporated milk and egg. Add this mixture to the corn meal, flour and baking
powder. Stir until just blended.
Spread over top of the
meat/cheese mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in
center comes out clean.
Image courtesy of Google Images
Recipe courtesy of Google searches; it's amazing how many recipes came up when I typed in what do I do with yellow corn meal!

No comments:
Post a Comment