Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Here are some of my favorites on my MP3 at the moment!


Enjoy!
Stacy


Michael Kiwanuka - Tell Me a Tale

When I first heard this British soul musician, I thought the song was from an artist in the 1960's....someone I had never heard before.  He's been compared to Bill Withers, Otis Redding and Van Morrison. 





The Lumineers - Stubborn Love 

A folk/rock band from Denver, CO.  Their self-titled album was released in April 2012, peeking at #2 on the Billboard charts in January 2013 (thanks to heavy promotion, including appearance on SNL).   




The Avett Brothers - Live and Die

This "brother" band hails from Concord, NC.  They combine blues, bluegrass, country, punk and mix the melodies to include ragtime, honky-tonk and good old fashioned rock and roll.




Family of the Year - Hero

This indi-folk band is from Los Angeles and includes brothers Sebastian and Joseph Keefe.  Their latest album, Loma Vista was released in July 2012.