Here are some peanut fun facts....
- It takes about 540 peanuts to make a 12 ounce jar of peanut butter.
- Peanut butter was first introduces in the USA in 1904 at the Universal Exposition (World's Fair) in St. Louis, MO.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA, Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.
- Astronaut Allen B. Sheppard brought a peanut with him to the moon.
- Americans were first introduced to the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup in 1928.
- Peanut butter is consumed in 90% of USA households
- 4 of the top 10 candy bars manufactured in the USA contain peanuts of peanut butter.
Asian Peanut Chicken Tenders
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup finely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1 package (14 oz) raw chicken tenders
1. In a medium bowl, mix all peanut sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Heat oven to 400F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a shallow bowl, beat egg. In a large resealable bag, add the breadcrumbs and peanuts and mix together.
3. Dip the chicken in the egg and place in the bag with the breadcrumbs and peanuts. Shake to coat. Place tenders on cookie sheet.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes (turning once) until browned and chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Serve with the dipping sauce and a large garden salad.