Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Welcome back to me!
I've taken a bit of a break from regular blogging to give time to myself and to honor the wonderful 12 days that I was in Maui....my longest vacation in 20 years and my longest time in Maui ever.
It will also probably be our last trip to Maui for awhile and while that brings me great sadness...I know that there are other place in the U.S. and in the world that we would like to visit...so our time in Maui has come to a sort of end....for now.
Where has the rest of May gone? Next week it will be all talk of Summer and Memorial Day BBQs and fun in the sun (let's hope), but what has been keeping us busy since we got back from Maui?
Kentucky Derby Day at Emerald Downs! We had an amazing day and I won $336.20 on a $2 ($24) exacta box.
We also had a family reunion and Mother's Day festivities, plus going to see "An American in Paris" at the Keller Auditorium in Portland.
This past weekend was the Preakness, and although not as financially successful as the Derby, we still cashed some tickets and I wore a hat. Perfect!
I feel all caught up, now!
Sunday, May 21, 2017
Welcome back Monday!
Yes, I am back after a long hiatus from blogging my weekly menu.
April and May have been busy and I am slowly getting back into the swing of things.
Here is our Menu for nearing the end of May (if you can believe it)! Remember to head on over to Laura's website for more planning and organizing tips.
MONDAY: Garden Burgers and Chips
TUESDAY: Shrimp Tacos
WEDNESDAY: Grilled Fish with Rice and Asparagus
THURSDAY: Grilled Chicken with Salad Bar Salad
Friday, May 19, 2017
WHO: My Great Uncle, Johnny Volgamore
WHY: He enlisted in the Navy and served in WWII
Armed Forces Day is tomorrow. The day is set aside to pay tribute to men and women who serve in the US Armed Forces like my Uncle.
Thursday, May 18, 2017
- Enjoying a new place on the way to the airport (next time, I'll take some pie home).
- Landing in Seattle about the same time the sun sets in Maui (and you family sends you this picture).
- Finding aloha, gratitude and lots of mahalos for a wonderful time away.
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
- Banana Pancakes at Charley's (cue Jack Johnson)
- Jacaranda Trees
- A visit to Maui Wine (plus three amazing tastings)
- Walking around the Lavender Farm and taking in the amazing views and flowers
- Sunset dinner at Honu Seafood and Pizza (I love the Ahi Bruschetta)
Aloha and Mahalo,