Friday, September 17, 2010

Old Photo Friday: Molly Ringwald Wanna-Be


WHO: Stacy
WHAT: Molly Ringwald eat your heart out
WHERE: This is in Seattle, outside Cutter's. I was probably visiting my Mom for Spring Break
WHEN: 1986
WHY: Didn't we all idolize someone in our youth?

When I was 15, I totally fell in awe of Molly Ringwald. She was hugely popular when I started my sophomore year (1984-85), staring in hits like Sixteen Candles, The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink. If you've never seen a John Hughes film, I urge you to indulge....they are absolutely time-less.

This is my Pretty in Pink ensemble circa 1986.....everything about it screams the 1980's.....the bolo tie I picked up on the Eugene Mall, the men's vest I picked up at Goodwill and the floral tights paired with white lace topped socks and white keds.

Enjoy!
Stacy