Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Girls Weekend on NW 23rd

A glorious almost fall-like Saturday spent window shopping and people watching on NW 23rd in Portland.

Chick and I had an amazing lunch at Jo-Bar Rotisserie....our annual tradition.


We perused menus of other cafes on 23rd, but to be honest with Jo-Bar you know that you will always get quality, well presented and prepared food, a great waitstaff and one of the best places on 23rd to people watch.

We started with the Roasted Beet Salad topped with bitey, creamy Gorgonzola cheese, dainty slices of fresh orange and grapefruit and chili-candied toasted nuts. It was barely dressed which accented the flavor of the sweet beets. To be honest, I was disappointed that I split this with Chick...I could have eaten the whole thing myself.

Chick had the classic Jo-Bar burger topped with gooey cheese and caramelized onions served on a brioche toasted bun. Amazing flavor....run down your arm juicy and melt in your mouth yummy. The fries were average, but the creamy tangy mustard dipping sauce was wonderful.


I had an incredible and interesting baked pasta with creamy Gouda, lardoons of bacon, snap peas in a roasted corn cream sauce topped with toasted bread crumbs. It sounds strange, but a symphony of texture and flavor. The cast iron pan kept the pasta pipping hot right down to the last bite.....and I do mean last bite (I ate every bit and didn't need to eat again for another 14 hours).


All paired nicely with a bottle of Argyle Chardonnay. A fabulous Saturday!

Enjoy!
Stacy