Do you ever crave something really simple for dinner?
Heaven for me is a Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwich - yet I always forget that sandwiches are appropriate for dinner. You don't need to get all fancy pants in order to serve up a good meal.
How about a simple sandwich this week only with a bit of a twist (you didn't think you were going to get away that easy, did ya).
Enjoy!
Stacy
BLT with Basil Mayonnaise
Slightly Adapted from Rothschild Farm
Slightly Adapted from Rothschild Farm
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Mayo (I prefer Best Foods)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon)
4 or 5 Basil leaves, sliced thinly
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 slices of thick Applewood Smoked Bacon
Sliced bread or rolls, your choice
Red leaf Lettuce
2 Tomatoes
Directions:
To make the basil mayo; in a food processor combine the mayo, sour cream and mustard. Add the basil and season with salt and pepper. Chill to let flavors combine, at least 30 minutes.
Cook bacon to your preference and drain on a paper towel. Toast bread then spread both sides with basil mayo. Top with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Rothschild Farms (not sure who Robert Rothschild is....do you?)
Image Courtesy of Google Images. I tried to take a picture of the sandwiches I made, but we finished them in 3 seconds flat!
1/2 Cup Mayo (I prefer Best Foods)
1/4 Cup Sour Cream
1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon)
4 or 5 Basil leaves, sliced thinly
Salt and Pepper to taste
8 slices of thick Applewood Smoked Bacon
Sliced bread or rolls, your choice
Red leaf Lettuce
2 Tomatoes
Directions:
To make the basil mayo; in a food processor combine the mayo, sour cream and mustard. Add the basil and season with salt and pepper. Chill to let flavors combine, at least 30 minutes.
Cook bacon to your preference and drain on a paper towel. Toast bread then spread both sides with basil mayo. Top with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
Recipe courtesy of Robert Rothschild Farms (not sure who Robert Rothschild is....do you?)
Image Courtesy of Google Images. I tried to take a picture of the sandwiches I made, but we finished them in 3 seconds flat!
No comments:
Post a Comment