Thursday, April 28, 2016

Recipe of the Week: Lamb Meatballs in Curry Sauce


A few weeks ago, Brian and I had date night dinner at our favorite West Seattle Pub.  Instead of ordering my favorite hamburger, I branched out and ordered the lamb meatball curry and boy was is good.  

I've thought a lot about lamb meatballs (lamb in general) for the last few weeks and I really wish Chick and Brian liked it more.  I found several recipes on line and found the one that most resembles what I ordered.  I think these meatballs are irresistible and the curry sauce just makes this dish come together nicely.

Enjoy!
Stacy


Lamb Meatballs in Curry Sauce

Ingredients:

1 pound ground lamb
1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Curry Simmer Sauce (this is one of my favorites and just as good as homemade)
Jasmine Rice
4 tablespoons Sour Cream
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Sliced green onions, garnish

Directions:

Mix the lamb, bread crumbs, egg, cumin, garam masala and salt together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).

Using your hands, shape the meat mixture into 12 large meatballs.  Transfer to a plate. Carefully add the meatballs to the simmer sauce and cover with a lid ajar.  Simmer until the sauce thickened and the meatballs are cooked through with no sign of pink, about 20 minutes.  Season with salt.

Serve meatballs and sauce over hot jasmine rice and top with 1 tablespoon sour cream and cilantro and green onions to garnish.



Picture courtesy of Moi
Recipe found on Epicurious.com