Tuesday, April 26, 2016

17/52: Birthday Weekend









Birthdays are meant to be celebrated and I had an amazing long weekend in Seattle!

I arrived early on Friday night and found a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me from my mother.  In all honesty, shouldn't we really celebrate our mothers on our birthdays?

Saturday was a lazy day followed by "date night" and Birthday Eve with Brian enjoying dinner at the 74th Street Alehouse and then a wonderful concert sponsored by the Seattle Folklore Society featuring John Gorka.  If you don't know his music, please check him out. He is a fabulous singer/songwriter and a very funny and entertaining performer.

My birthday was Sunday and it poured buckets of rain, but it didn't dampen my enthusiasm and we had a celebration at Mom and Kenny's followed by dinner at the Tin Room Bar in Burien, which I really enjoyed.  It was a funky little pub with amazing food.

I took Monday off, relaxed with an amazing massage at the Seattle Wellness Center and weeded and re-planted by garden box for summer.  It's hard to believe that the spring bulbs are bloomed and gone and we are planting flowers for the summer ahead and it's not even the end of April.  It was so nice to spend a day off with Brian and get one more day of the birthday weekend for my spirit!

Enjoy!
Stacy