Thursday, December 29, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Year End Wrap Up!


Amazing! 2011 almost in the books. How many new recipes did you try this year? What culinary adventures did you enjoy this year?

Here are some of my favorite and most popular recipe posts from 2011. May you have an enjoyable and safe New Year's celebration and may 2012 bring to your heart and home much love, comfort and blessings.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Best Meal 2011: Christmas Eve Brunch at Salty's on Alki (I ate my weight in fresh seafood)
Best Geographic Culinary Experience 2011: Giordano's in Chicago (my first authentic deep dish pizza)
Best Dining Experience 2011: Steak and Shrimp on the patio in West Seattle (can't beat home cooking)
Best "Foodie" Event: 2011 Mobile Chowdown in West Seattle. Food Carts are ruling the Pacific NW

Now.....onto some recipes:

Pumpkin Bread: I actually baked something successful! This was wonderful and we ate the whole loaf.

Beer Braised Cabbage
: This one I made up using some leftover dark beer and a half head of cabbage. I made it at least three or four times this fall.

Salmon Puttenesca: This was the house favorite recipe find for 2011. The sauce is killer and great leftover on chicken and steak.

Roasted Corn Salad: This was our summer hit! A wonderful way to serve fresh corn.

Meatless Mushroom Lasagna: Again, another one of my made up creations. Brian said it was the best lasagna that I've ever made.

Herb Salmon Salad: Another 2011 hit recipe find (thank you Pampered Chef).