Sunday, January 4, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: Kicking off a New 2009

Happy 2009! Not much is going to change at the Rebecca Lane household as far as the 2009 menu is concerned. I am going to make an effort to explore some of the many cookbooks I own and expand my cooking horizons - probably at least twice a month. We still really need to stick with the light, healthy and low fat cooking.

This week we are packing and preparing for our vacation to Mexico. I am going to try and keep it simple with plenty of leftovers for lunch (while trying to clean out the fridge as much as possible).

Oh.....and we have no oven (long story) so I'll have to make a few changes along the way (lots of grilling, thank God for the BBQ).

Enjoy!
Stacy

Sunday: Flank Steak Salad with Asian Dressing
Monday: Chick's BDAY! Dinner is her choice! I think my Pop is coming up from Eugene.
Tuesday: Ina Garten's Pork Loin with Fennel and Garlic Green Beans (I'll be BBQ-ing the pork)
Wednesday: BBQ'd Rosemary Chicken Breasts with Wild Rice and a Big Garden Salad
Thursday: LEFTOVERS - C.O.R.N. (clean out the refrigerator night)
Friday: "Fend for yourself" and get your suitcase packed. We leave for Mexico in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:08 PM

    I like salmon fettucine too! I've become quite creative with salmon since my husband fishes all summer!! I like your C.O.R.N. acronym. Have fun in Mexico, I'm jealous, it's 15 below here.

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete