Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mexico: The Wrap-Up

We are back from a wonderful Mexico Trip! Chick and I had an absolute blast.

One of the things I will remember most about our trip is the people of Mexico. I have traveled quite a few places in this world and I will never forget some of the beautiful people I have met – so friendly and so accommodating…..very generous souls.

Thank you to the “fun” people we met on the shuttle ride from the Airport to Sunset Beach (minus the Canadians). You made the long ride to the condo a lively experience. We all started our trip together, some first timers, some condo owners, some just along for the ride.Thank you Oscar, the first person to greet us at Sunset. Your warm smile opened up my heart to the beautiful people of Mexico. I can honestly say that I had many reservations about traveling to Cabo (my first trip to Mexico) and your gentlemanly gesture was sweet – something as simple as taking our picture or making sure we got strapped into the golf cart after a night of too much tequila was sincere. Thank you Arturo, our first golf cart driver at Sunset Beach. We were not sure how we we going to like those carts, but after a few rides it was not as big an issue as first thought. You drove us up the terraced hills to our building – high above the Pacific Ocean, two totally amazed people as if in a dream. Your English was sweet and you tried really hard to make sure we were comfortable.

To Edith’s – The best meal of the trip. It was a very close call. “La Frida” at Sunset Beach was amazing, but the authentic setting and the mariachi experience made it something I will never forget.

Thank you to “The Office” – the presentation of the tequila after my Parasail was my first real experience with top shelf tequila. I didn’t know that you could chill and serve tequila like it was a fine wine. Being on the beach to eat – and when I say on the beach I mean chairs and tables in sand – was way too cool. We bought a bag and a hat and walked along the sand, two senoritas on a fantastic journey.

Thank you to Macin – who let us hang out in his beach chairs on a hot beach mid-afternoon while we waited for a water taxi to take up to the parasailing boat. You made us laugh (which was good because I was scared to parasail) while trying to sell us on a horse ride through downtown Cabo. Sorry, amigo – next time for sure.

Thank you to the whales – I have only seen you in Maui so this was a real treat. You greeted us every morning with your blows and turns and flips. Next time, I will remember to bring my binoculars for a closer view.

Thank you most of all to Chick – for taking me along on our first “girl’s trip in ages. Will you please take me back with you? You did the right thing when you bought that place at Sunset – if it were different for me now, I’d join you. It’s a beautiful place and one that I hope to see with you again very soon. Don’t forget to call and book on the 23rd of January!!

Hola!

Stace

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    Wow, you absolutely caught the essence of Cabo with your posts.

    Thank you! for spending your vacation with me. I have dreamed of showing you Cabo since the first day I arrived on my first trip, I knew you would love it. It is a special place for sure.

    As I told you on our last day, "this was my favorite trip to Mexico, since the first"

    Gracias for going with me. How about another trip on January 23, 2010?

    Love ya~ Chick

    ReplyDelete