A quick start to our morning – up and on the 10AM shuttle bus to Pueblo Bonito Rose where we spent a few hours at their pool. At first it was very serene – with a piano playing soft jazz standards. Chick and I had breakfast right in our lounge chairs as the sun warmed our bodies. It was pretty cool to eat huevos (eggs) with a slab of ham and salsa poolside!
But the pool filled up quickly (their happy hour starts at 11:00AM….2 for 1 drinks) so the place became crowded quickly. Soon there was loud music, water aerobics, pool volleyball and way too much chatter. Chick and I were content with our IPods and books.

The highlight of the day was my ParaSail……(I'll have a FLIP video post tomorrow)
Oh my. It was amazing. We took a water taxi out to a bigger faster boat (Chick went along for the ride, which I was grateful for). The water was a bit rough, but the views of El Arco, the most spectacular sight in Cabo San Lucas, a natural rock arch were breathtaking. I can’t explain in words what it means to float in the air like a bird. To see things so naturally. It was calming and so peaceful – but a little unnerving. Mexico is not big on safety so there was no 15 minute safety demonstration regarding the harness and how you are suppose to hang up there – so that caused me some anxiety – but the 10-15 flying experience will go down as one of the most adventurous things I have ever done in my life.
After the ParaSail….a girl has got to have a shot of tequila and a bucket of beers so Chick and I walked along the sand to “The Office’. Playa Medano (the name for the beachside area) is lined with cafes on the sand, some with lounge chairs, 2-1 all day specials, rowdy crowds and streets vendors selling everything from silver jewelry to t-shirts. The Office was pretty mellow and an excellent place to relax and watch people.
Chick and I had Don Julio tequila served chilled table-side in these tall champagne-flute like glasses and a bucket of Pacifico. I felt like I was experiencing the true-Baja moment. The tequila was smooth, with no bite (and we didn’t even need a line). We munched on the freshest guacamole and salsa I have ever had (fresh chips, too) and a few hours later (after one final drink…..named “Killer Margarita”) I had a whole avocado stuffed with huge sautéed shrimp and Chick had a bowl of tortilla soup. Heavenly.
Our day was long – we were tired, so an early night back to our room and asleep, with dreams of floating through the air over Cabo filling my mind.
Hola!
Stacy
But the pool filled up quickly (their happy hour starts at 11:00AM….2 for 1 drinks) so the place became crowded quickly. Soon there was loud music, water aerobics, pool volleyball and way too much chatter. Chick and I were content with our IPods and books.

The highlight of the day was my ParaSail……(I'll have a FLIP video post tomorrow)
Oh my. It was amazing. We took a water taxi out to a bigger faster boat (Chick went along for the ride, which I was grateful for). The water was a bit rough, but the views of El Arco, the most spectacular sight in Cabo San Lucas, a natural rock arch were breathtaking. I can’t explain in words what it means to float in the air like a bird. To see things so naturally. It was calming and so peaceful – but a little unnerving. Mexico is not big on safety so there was no 15 minute safety demonstration regarding the harness and how you are suppose to hang up there – so that caused me some anxiety – but the 10-15 flying experience will go down as one of the most adventurous things I have ever done in my life.
After the ParaSail….a girl has got to have a shot of tequila and a bucket of beers so Chick and I walked along the sand to “The Office’. Playa Medano (the name for the beachside area) is lined with cafes on the sand, some with lounge chairs, 2-1 all day specials, rowdy crowds and streets vendors selling everything from silver jewelry to t-shirts. The Office was pretty mellow and an excellent place to relax and watch people.Chick and I had Don Julio tequila served chilled table-side in these tall champagne-flute like glasses and a bucket of Pacifico. I felt like I was experiencing the true-Baja moment. The tequila was smooth, with no bite (and we didn’t even need a line). We munched on the freshest guacamole and salsa I have ever had (fresh chips, too) and a few hours later (after one final drink…..named “Killer Margarita”) I had a whole avocado stuffed with huge sautéed shrimp and Chick had a bowl of tortilla soup. Heavenly.
Our day was long – we were tired, so an early night back to our room and asleep, with dreams of floating through the air over Cabo filling my mind.
Hola!
Stacy
No comments:
Post a Comment