Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mexico: Day One

Hola!

Some things you just have to get out of the way….like those annoying Time Share presentations. NO…I didn’t buy, but I was rewarded for my time with a decent breakfast, $200 in vouchers to all the restaurants at the Pueblo Bonito resorts (there are three here in Cabo) and a $100 spa voucher (I am really going to enjoy that one).

By noon I was ready to hit the pool, while Chick endured her “owner’s Time Share” lunch (no…she didn’t upgrade). There are 5 pools and this resort. Yes…..5 amazing pools. I checked out the main pool on Sunday afternoon. I took my IPod, book – grabbed a beach towel and just “vegged” out. Time to really wind down.

We caught the sunset at the lobby bar - not too amazing, but the clouds turned pink after the sun finally dipped under the water and that was worth it. Our dinner at La Frida - at the resort, was amazing. An outdoor dining experience. Mexican gourmet cuisine named after famous painter Frida Kahlo.

I had an appetizer of Tuna Tartar - a presentation almost too beautiful to eat. Sandra had a Frida Salad - I can't tell you how fresh everything is here. My main course wer four huge shrimp cooked in butter and wine and presented on top of fresh peas and lentils with a spicy tomato sauce on the side. Sandra ordered a Rib-Eye - but we both think she got a filet, the steak could be eaten with a spoon. Tuna Tartare

I am enjoying this lifestyle!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment