Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Washington County Wine Tasting


Brian and I went wine tasting in Washington County the Friday after Thanksgiving.


Our first stop was the beautiful Tuscan inspired Garden Vineyards, designed for weddings and high profile events located in Hillsboro. We tasted 4 wines for $10 and munched on prosciutto wrapped asparagus and pumpkin pie squares.

I loved their sparkling wine and Pinot Gris, but most of all....the amazing house, garden and views, including the drive up to the tasting room (deer roaming along side the road). I added my name to their mailing list and would welcome a summer tasting in their garden (rumor has it they have live music as well).

We headed back into Beaverton and hit two of our old regular haunts....Cooper Mountain and Ponzi Vineyards.

Cooper Mountain had several tiered tastings, including some reserve varietals and plenty of yummy cheese, chocolate and bread (some cool dude playing an acoustic guitar too).

Ponzi is always so classy (I wish they'd serve some cheese, one of the only places without any appetizers). Luscious reds and crisp whites. I always feel so lucky to have them located 5 minutes out my front door.

Brian @ Rock Creek Tavern (one cannot survive on wine alone, right?!)

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment