Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Downtown Portland Christmas Evening


I love to get downtown at least once during the holiday season to see the Pioneer Square Christmas Tree. It's been in the news recently (perhaps you heard about the bombing plot).

Chick and I met up downtown last Tuesday night, which turned out to be a wet and windy evening. I quickly snapped a few photos before walking 4 blocks in the rain to H50 Bistro, located at Hotel Fifty.


The bar is contemporary urban chic with a wonderful and thoughtfully created seasonal happy hour and bar menu. Items are made with freshest products and ingredients – many of which are locally and/or organically grown. Prep and presentation is intriguing and supports the notion that diners relish food first with their eyes.


We enjoyed...
Fancy Fries with parmesan, chive, truffle oil and a hint of spice $4
Butternut Squash "Tater Tots" with a lemon, brown butter aioli $5
PDX Roll with smoked salmon, herbed cream cheese, cucumber and toasted hazelnuts $8

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment