Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNOW!!!!

This is unbelievable.....but wonderful all at the same time. In my entire life, I have never seen this much snow for such a long period of time in Portland or Seattle.
Oh...we've had snow, but on the ground for an entire week (and more) is almost unheard of in these parts. Brian is an old pro, and says it reminds him of his childhood in Delaware, but I've never experienced this before.

The snow seems to bring out all sorts of weird things......

A big raccoon was spotted at Rebecca Lane at Thanksgiving time, and I finally got him to pose the day before we left Portland for Seattle (on our Christmas vacation).

We gratefully made it from PDX to Seattle - ahead of the next big storm, which hit about dusk on Saturday evening (on top of a 5 inch layer of snow from last Thursday).
Brian says....
"Oh....my kingdom for a snow shovel! I hear by declare....I will not shovel again. I have found the cause of this record snowfall. For every time I shovel, it only snows again. Therefore, if I do not shovel .....it will snow no more".

The most enjoyable part of our day, was a walk through West Seattle - exploring our neighborhood in a light snowfall made for a very memorable day.
Wherever this post finds you....
Enjoy!
Stacy