Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Willamette Valley Vineyard


Sandra, Brian and I stopped by Willamette Valley Vineyard last Saturday on our way to Springfield for the Medicare Party (Jimmy and Rosemary’s b-day’s).




The winery is perched high on the hills over-looking the Willamette Valley south of Salem, along I-5. The views are gorgeous! Unfortunately it was very cloudy and humid, but we could still get a few good pictures out on their deck.

We each had a part complimentary/part reserve tasting. The Estate and Reserve chardonnays were probably my favorite (Sandra and I each bought a bottle) and the Estate and Willamette Valley Pinot’s were vibrant with aromas of black cherries, spice, and brown sugar.



I can’t believe in all the years the winery has been there that none of us has ever stopped in for a tasting. I think we will definitely be back!

Stace