Monday, July 30, 2007

SUMMER TIME

Brian came down on Saturday after I got home from the Relay for Life and helped me stay awake (having had little sleep at the relay). We drove out to Hoffman Farms for fresh corn, Walla Walla onions and just down the road – to my egg lady – who has the best farm eggs in Beaverton.



We also went to Ponzi Vineyards for an impromptu wine tasting and I took this photo of Brian. The Ponzi tasting room is literally 3 miles from our front door, so it’s nice to swing in their every once in awhile and check out their new wines.

On Sunday, we took MAX down to Tom McCall Waterfront Park to the 2007 Oregon Brewers Festival held the last full weekend in July for the past 20 years. Although I don’t like beer, there was a honey-wheat made by a Eugene Brewery that was really nice. My favorite was the Razelberry from Portland’s Raccoon Lodge.






Brian and I then walked along the waterfront down to Three Degrees and had a wonderful cheese plate and a really nice glass of chardonnay. Brian loves the marina and usually visits it every trip to Portland.

PORTLAND MARINA

It’s a wonderful summer in Portland!
Stacy