Today is national hummus day (and no, I don't make this stuff up). I've posted hummus recipes before, but there is a new one that caught my eye recently and I wanted to share it.
For those of you who don't know, I have a YouTube channel! I started making and posting videos a while ago, but last July I started a project called Document Your Life and I put together a monthly synopsis of our blog, only in video format. It's a lot of fun and a great hobby for me because I really enjoy taking pictures and telling stories. Feel free to check out our channel.
Along the way, I've been introduced to other vloggers and one in particular that I really like is Libby Withnall. She lives in Australia just outside of Sydney and watching her vlogs reminds me of when I lived in Australia...the culture, the food and some of the places that I remember visiting. She's a vegetarian/vegan and she's been making this hummus for many months and I've been curious to try it out. This is not her exact recipe, but I did find several and I think this one is fairly close.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Savory Pumpkin Hummus
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
2 cloves garlic
3/4 tsp salt
2 (15 oz) cans garbanzo beans, drained
2 tsp olive oil
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree (or use fresh pumpkin roasted in the oven for 30 minutes until tender)
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Directions:
Pulse the lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt together in a food processor until smooth. Add beans and olive oil and pulse until smooth.
Add the pumpkin, cumin and cayenne; process until well blended. Transfer hummus to a container with a lid and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Serve with pita chips, vegetables or use as a spread on a sandwich.

No comments:
Post a Comment