Tuesday, May 24, 2016

21/52: The Preakness Stakes






We headed back down to Emerald Downs on Saturday to see the second leg of the triple crown, the Preakness Stakes held in Baltimore, MD.  It was another wet weekend....our second in a row.  I bought a new fascinator and surprisingly saw many women in hats despite the lower turn out.  I ran into an old high school friend, Veronica that I have not seen in 29 years and it was fun to see her and meet her husband.  We had a great day!  Brian won the Preakness Trifecta and I got lucky with a $2 Exacta Box at Emerald Downs.  We made enough for drinks and pizza at Peel and Press.

Friday I got off the train in Tacoma and we had drinks and dinner at Katie Downs.  We don't get the chance to go to Katie Downs often so it was a real treat and a beautiful evening.

How was your weekend?

Enjoy!
Stacy