I've posted several potato salad recipes over the years, but this recipe that was published last May in the newspaper supplement, Relish is the best potato salad I've every prepared and/or eaten. This is perfect for the holiday weekend.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Herb Potato Salad - Courtesy of Relish.com
Ingredients:
12 small to medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced in half
5 hard cooked eggs, chopped
1 small white onion, diced
1 cup mayonnaise (start with 1/2 cup and add if needed)
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup each, chopped basil, flat leaf parsley
2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives
2 springs fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
Place potatoes in cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes or until just tender. Drain and let cool.
Peel (skins should fall off) and chop potatoes and place in a bowl.
In a separate bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix well. Finally, gently fold in the potatoes.
Makes 6 cups (serves 8-10). I typically cut this recipe in half unless serving a large group.
Notes: While my potatoes are cooking, I chop my eggs, onion and mix up the mayonnaise base. Depending on how creamy you like your salad, you may need to add in a bit more mayonnaise. Feel free to use other herbs, such as cilantro, dill and tarragon.

No comments:
Post a Comment