I am really not much of a baker, but while I was recuperating from my procedure, I got a craving for some chocolate pudding and decided to try an easy recipe (plus it's Valentine's Day and pudding isn't really baking, is it).
I have an extremely old and dog-eared Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, circa 1960-something and managed to find an easy Pot de Creme (fancy name for pudding) recipe.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Chocolate Pot de Creme
Ingredients:
1 cup half-and-half
4 ounce package sweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons sugar
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten (make sure eggs are at room temperature)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Whip Cream Topping, optional
Directions:
In a heavy saucepan combine the half -and-half , chocolate and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat about 10 minutes or until mixture reaches a full boil and thickens.
Gradually stir about half the hot mixture into the beaten egg yolks to "temper" the mixture (or else you are going to get scrambled chocolate eggs). Return all of the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour chocolate mixture into 4 to 6 pots or small dessert dishes. Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens
Images courtesy of Google Images

No comments:
Post a Comment