Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oscar Party Wrap Up!


Chick and I had a fabulous Oscar weekend at Rebecca Lane.

Last Wednesday night we caught an evening showing of Lincoln.  Fabulous!  I'll admit that I thought it was a bit long, but the acting was phenomenal.  I am very happy that Daniel Day-Lewis won the best actor award.


On Saturday, we squeezed in one final Oscar nominated movie, Silver Linings Playbook.  What a great ensemble!  I am not entirely convinced that Jennifer Lawrence's performance was Oscar's best, but she was amazing and the movie is a must see.

As for Argo...this year the academy made the right choice and I was thrilled to see Ben pick up another trophy.



On Sunday, it was all about our Red Carpet Party


We had our own little celebration, glammed up a bit (I bought a vintage hat off Ebay) and oooh'd and ahhhh'd over the dresses, jewels and shoes!

Here is a wrap up of my favorite highlights/lowlights from the 2013 Oscar telecast.


Best Dressed  

My pick is Amy Adams!  Her Oscar de la Renta dress, which she paired with Moa jewelry was fabulous.


Biggest Disappointment 

Seth MacFarlane!  That stupid adolescent humor....well....it's just not funny.  Who opens the Oscars with a song about boobs?  This is the best thing you could come up with when you had 6 months to prepare?  Also, your performance bombed because you thought it would bomb!  Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?
 

Favorite Moment 

I love, love love, Adele and the fact that in addition to her many Grammy's, she is now an Oscar winner is awesome! Next stop, a Tony award?!  I was a bit perplexed that her song was NOT included in the 50 years of James Bond segment?  Wouldn't this have been the perfect timing?
 


Biggest Comeback 

I must say, I got a lump in my throat when Barbara walked out on stage to sing "The Way We Were" and honor Marvin Hamlish.  One of the evenings highlights!  Welcome back, Babs!

 

Enjoy!
Stacy