Thursday, February 28, 2013

Recipe of the Week: February Food Pics

Goodbye February!

Lacking any one recipe inspiration this week, here are some of the dishes that I created this month, plus links to recipes/cookbooks and a few cooking comments.

Enjoy!
Stacy

 Filet Mignon Stroganoff (Weight Watchers)

This recipe came from the Weight Watchers One Pot Cookbook that I got for Christmas.  Chick and I were blown away with the flavors and spoiled that a WW recipe included such a decadent cut of meat.

Super Bowl Sunday - Taco Soup

This recipe is a hand-me-down from Rosemary and has been slightly adapted over the years.  The link above is the closet recipe I have found to the way I prepare it today.  The best part about the soup are the toppings (green onions, sour cream, cheddar cheese and tortilla chips)!



Scandinavian Beef over Egg Noodles (Weight Watchers) with Ina Garten's Green Beans

A fantastic, rich and creamy WW beef dish with red potatoes and finished off with dill and sour cream.  The green beans were amazing (I love anything with pine nuts)


I think what made this taco salad (or any taco salad) great was the addition of the Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Dressing (but be careful as it does add calories to the WW dish).

Valentine's Dinner

Steak and Lobster with Chocolate Pot de Creme (which I made from scratch)