Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recipe of the Week: Year-End Wrap-Up!

Brian making homemade manicotti

It's hard to believe that 2012 is almost over.  How many new recipes did you try this year? What culinary adventures did you enjoy this year?  Looking back....we ate from shore to shore (Maui too) and tried a few new recipes at home.

Here are some of my favorite and most popular food/recipe posts from 2012.  I think it was almost better than 2011!!

May you have an enjoyable and safe New Year's celebration and may 2013 bring to your heart and home much love, comfort and blessings.

Enjoy!
Stacy

Best Meal 2012:  My lunch at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles.  Hands down some of the best seared scallops I have ever had in my life.  The setting was beautiful and even though I dined alone, I felt truly comfortable by the beautiful atmosphere.


Best Geographic Culinary Experience 2012 (It's a TIE): Dinner at Longhi's in Maui.  Of all the places that we eaten over the past 5 visits, our dinner at Longhi's this past April was one of the best (once again, I had scallops).



And....

Soft Shelled Crabs in Maryland.  I picked the most perfect time to have a work conference in Baltimore (the peak season for soft shelled crabs is May).


Honorable mention goes to:  Moseberth's Chicken in Portsmouth, Virginia (Clayton's had you beat on the hush puppies, but your chicken was awesome).


Best Dining Experience 2012: Our 8th anniversary dinner at Assagio in downtown Seattle.  We got greeted and kissed by the owner and when we left, he took our picture (did I mention the food was awesome).

Best New Recipe: Grilled Polenta with Spicy Flat Iron Steak (I made this four times in 2012 and it was better each and every time).

As you can see....we eat well, travel well and love well!

No comments:

Post a Comment