Friday, May 18, 2012

Visiting Baltimore

Maryland, My Maryland - View from Hotel Window 

I landed in Baltimore on Thursday afternoon with just enough time to freshen up at my hotel and head out for a bite.

I did some research on restaurants in my immediate area and had mixed results.  Unfortunately, I am staying out by the airport and nowhere near downtown, so my restaurant list was limited (I didn't want to spend a bundle on cab fares to get a decent meal).


I was able to find a few non-chain (national) restaurants including a brewpub and a family owned seafood/Italian joint. 



Thursday night I settled on the Bonefish Grill.  Granted, I realize it's a "chain" (we even have one in the Seattle area) but they had just what I wanted....a nice full service bar (dining alone can be a tad bit intimidating), a good wine list and fresh seafood.

This place was a great place to people watch and had a wonderful friendly staff.  The dinner menu was incredible with a great selection of local seafood including, wood grilled Atlantic Salmon, Imperial Chilean Sea Bass stuffed with Crab and the "classic"; Maryland Crab Cake Dinner.

Any guesses as to what I ate???


Jumbo Lump Crab meat stuffed into a Soft Shelled Maryland Crab. 

The weather is beautiful and I am really looking forward to our conference, which is all day Friday through 3PM Saturday.

Enjoy!
Stacy