Grill "Princess"
It was a busy weekend before starting vacation on Tuesday afternoon.
Our neighborhood hosted a block party this past Saturday and I volunteered weeks ago to be the "grill master".
We had 48 adults and 7 kids and everyone had a great time hanging out in Kaye's backyard! Thanks to Kaye and the entire committee for a job well done.
I spent 2 hours in front of the grill....cooking burgers, polish sausage, hot dogs and spicy links and loved every minute of it!
Everyone pitched in for a potluck of appetizers, salads and desserts. There were lots of friendly faces and a good time was had by all! It's a wonderful opportunity to meet your neighbors and I encourage everyone to be more active in their neighborhoods.
On Sunday, I planted my fall garden. I've struggled the past few weeks with my yellow zucchini and decided to pull it out and start from scratch with a fall mix, including lettuce, spring onions and broccoli.
We also managed to haul another 20+ loads of bark dust around the front and back yards. It's been a big job, but I think we are pretty much done...just in time for fall.
Enjoy!
Stacy



No comments:
Post a Comment