Tuesday, May 29, 2012

West Seattle Weekend Wrap-Up: Memorial Day!


Narrows Bridge - Tacoma

We had a wonderful LONG weekend in West Seattle.  I especially enjoyed being at home for three nights in a row (there is just something about that third night that makes me very relaxed).

Friday night "date" night kicked off at Elliott Bay Brewery.  We never tire of this West Seattle staple.  They are always packed on Friday nights but the food is always well-prepared and the hip vibe (minus the screaming kids) keeps us coming back.


Saturday was my favorite day of the weekend.  I spent some extra cuddle time with Sammy, sipping coffee and reading the paper. 



On a whim, I asked Brian if I could buy him breakfast, so we walked up the street to grab a bite and map out the rest of our weekend plans.  We loved Meander's Kitchen....basically a little hole in the wall breakfast-all-day joint with an amazing menu and awesome food.  Best breakfast in West Seattle!

Saturday was the best day of the long weekend....not too hot (high of 74) but enough sunshine to play in the yard, plant a few more flowers and cook-out on the grill.

Vanilla Bourbon Fresh Toast

On Monday, we were invited to my cousin Matt and his wife, Rose's Memorial Day BBQ/Party.


 Slow Roasted Pig

I have not seen Matt in 10 years and come to find out, they live just 1/2 mile from our front door in West Seattle.


They have a huge network of friends from all walks of life and it was a wonderful gathering.

Enjoy!
Stacy