After Baltimore, I head to Norfolk/Portsmouth, VA to visit my Mom and Kenny for a few days.
In the meantime - how about some Baltimore/Maryland trivia . . .
- The United States Naval Academy was founded on October 10, 1845 at Annapolis.
- In 1830 the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company built the first railroad station in Baltimore.
- The first dental school in the United States opened at the University of Maryland (I hope I don't have to use it).
- Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat, was born in Baltimore and attended Saint Mary's Industrial School.
- The National Aquarium is located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.
- The Maryland State House is the oldest state capitol still in continuous legislative use.
- Maryland was first to enact Workmen's Compensation laws in 1902.
- Sixteen of the 23 Maryland counties border on tidal water. The combined length of tidal shoreline, including islands, is 4,431 miles.
Stacy

No comments:
Post a Comment