Tuesday, March 6, 2012

West Seattle Weekend Wrap-Up: What's Cooking?


The crud invaded our house again over the weekend.

While Brian and Sammy rested, I planned my entire Saturday in the kitchen making some healthy meals for Brian to enjoy during the week.

I cooked an amazing pot of minestrone soup (best remedy for the crud) and a loaf of 7 grain bread first thing Saturday, then I prepared three awesome meals for the rest of the week.



First Recipe - Turkey Parmesan Meatloaf
I cooked this for dinner on Sunday along with some steamed red potatoes and frozen peas with plenty of leftovers for Tuesday Night

Second Recipe - Baked Rigitoni
At just over 300 calories a serving, this is a hearty yet light meal. Leftovers are easily frozen for 3-6 weeks (thaw then microwave)


Third recipe - Frozen Black Bean Burritos
Genius idea and a great meal for Brian. Just zap the finished product in the microwave and you have dinner in 60 seconds! I made 6 with fresh salsa, low fat cheese and brown rice. They'll keep in the freezer for 2-3 months (better for you then Taco Del Mar).

We've got the crud on the run and Brian has a fridge full of dinner. Mission accomplished!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment