Monday, August 13, 2007

High School Reunion



I spent the weekend in Springfield, OR with my best friend Debi for Thurston High School's 20th Class Reunion. Friday night was a meet and greet at the Roaring Rapids Pizza Parlor in Glenwood, a beautiful location right on the Willamette river.



Both Debi and I were a bit nervous and were afraid we either wouldn’t be recognized or wouldn’t recognize anyone! Well…..it was a whole lot of fun. A few people actually remembered us!! We saw people we had not seen since graduation night and it was so much fun catching up with long lost friends that the evening flew by! We closed the bar at the River Ranch after the festivities at the pizza parlor ended and no one wanted the night to end.


I especially enjoyed seeing Gary Prouse who I went to first grade with at Yolanda Elementary - 32 years ago! I also enjoyed seeing Julie Bright and Deborah Kempton - who I hung out with my junior and senior years at Thurston.
DEBI, JULIE, HEIDI, STACY and TAMMY

Saturday evening’s dinner/dance back at the West Brothers River Ranch was a bust. The DJ didn’t know an 80’s dance song to save his life and people were more interested in talking than dancing, but everyone really had a good time and it was hard to believe that 20 years had gone by. I really enjoyed meeting Deborah Kempton's spouse Craig (cowboy hat) and finding out what their life is like in Wyoming. I also really enjoyed meeting Tami Kley's husband, Scott. They are both teachers who live in San Jose, California.

DEBI, CRAIG, DEBORAH, TAMI and SCOTT
SCOTT, TAMI, CARRIE, DEBI

I would encourage everyone to go to their 20th year reunion. I know Debi and I had our trepidations, but seeing friends and even foes 20 years later left me with a better memory of high school and those people I spent so much time with in my youth.

Stace