Thursday, April 25, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Graffiato Restaurant Review


I've been dreaming of going to Top Chef Alum, Mike Isabella's Washington D.C. restaurant since last fall. Then, my trip to D.C. was cancelled due to hurricane Sandy.

Last Saturday night, I managed to sneak away after our 5PM meet and greet and enjoyed a fabulous meal at Graffiato with my friend, Margaret.


In June 2011, Chef Isabella opened Graffiato, an Italian inspired restaurant in the Chinatown district of D.C.  The 130 seat restaurant allows Chef Mike to have great interaction with guests while he crafts comforting dishes from seasonal products.

The two story layout features an open bar on the second floor and a large wood oven tucked behind a U-shaped counter with 15 bar stools on the first floor.  Both areas encourage dialogue between the guests and the chef.



Chef Mike serves seasonal, artisanal pizza, pasta and small plates inspired by the food he grew up eating in New Jersey, prepared by his Italian-American grandmother.

Here is what I enjoyed!

 Caesar Salad with Cream Cheese Croutons - $8




 Wood Oven Scallops with Kohirabi, Blood Orange and Radish - $14

 Banana Cake - $6

The restaurant has a really hip vibe and was completely packed with some of D.C.'s most beautiful people.


I had an amazing evening out in D.C.

Enjoy!
Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment