Thursday, April 4, 2013

Recipe of the Week: Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake


I joke all the time that I am a horrible baker, in fact last weekend I tried to make banana muffins from scratch and I had to throw them out.  A few weeks ago, on a Saturday, I had an idea for an orange/cranberry bundt cake for dessert.

I searched the web and found a super simple recipe (fool proof) from Betty Crocker.  Brian's raved about it for the past few weeks saying that it is one of the best things that I have ever made.

Okay, so it's not exactly "scratch", but it's really good and no one will know the difference. I think it will be on our final 4 menu this coming Saturday.
Enjoy!
Stacy


Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake

Ingredients:

1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist yellow cake mix
1 box (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1-2 teaspoons grated orange peel
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries, chopped
powdered sugar (garnish)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 12 cup fluted tube cake pan (bundt cake).

In a large bowl, beat cake mix, pudding mix, water, butter, orange peel and eggs with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, scraping the bowl constantly, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.  Fold in cranberries.  Spread into pan.

Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Cool 30 minutes; remove cake from pan.  Cool completely for 1 hour, then sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired (there are also recipes for orange glazes, but the cake was so moist that you really don't need it).

No comments:

Post a Comment