Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up: Sandy's Derailed Plans!

 The Boss with Billy Joel

I was supposed to be enjoying lunch along the Chicago River last Friday, followed by an 18 hour train ride into Washington, D.C for a weekend meeting. Thanks to Hurricane Sandy, our semi-annual conference was cancelled last Wednesday.  We will meet again next April and most likely in DC.

I just love Jon Bon Jovi!



Sting sings "Message in a Bottle"
 
Instead, the Bronze Goddess and I took a last minute trip up to Seattle on Friday for a weekend adventure with Brian and Sammy.


 Crab Cakes with Pike Place Market Smoked Tartar Sauce and Caesar Salad with Green Apple

Brian worked Friday night.  I watched the Sandy Hurricane/Red Cross Telethon.  I cried. I texted a  $10 donation.  I cried some more.  I drank some Chardonnay and made Crab Cakes with Caesar Salad.  I was so grateful for my warm house, new pajamas and home cooked meals.  My heart aches for the incredible suffering.

Potato Works @ Circa

Saturday, I was craving Circa's yummy potato works, so we squeezed in breakfast on Saturday before Brian launched our website. Does anyone need study materials for Series 66 or 63???

 Brian's Deer Park Nachos!  Thank you Delaware!

Then on Saturday night, after college football, movies, cooking shows and a nap with Sammy....Brian made a big plate of Deer Park Nachos.

Do you think I eat when I am grateful!?

Enjoy!

Stacy