Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Give me an "H"

Kamalie posted a meme/tag on her blog last week so I jumped at the challenge to name 10 things that begin with a certain letter. She gave me the letter "H" so here goes:

1. Homes: I am so lucky to have two places that I love so much, Rebecca Lane and our new home in West Seattle. Most people do not understand our routine, but to be honest, it's something that has always worked right from the start. I'd rather be in my homes.....cooking, cleaning or just hanging out than any other place on this planet.

2. Heat: Something the new house didn't have over the weekend (must be the pilot light). It was 57 degrees with a steady drizzle all day on Saturday. Just couldn't get the chill out of the house. Perhaps a precursor to the winter months ahead.

3. Haiku: I wrote one earlier this month and posted it on Rocks In My Dryer website. She was having a back-to-school haiku contest. I didn't win, but it was a fun challenge.

4. Halloween: For the first time in 11 years, Rebecca Lane will be closing it's doors on the 31st. No candy, no lighted pumpkins. Instead, Chick and I will travel up to West Seattle together on Amtrak for her first look at the new house.

5. Hamburger: This recipe sounds wonderful. Perhaps a few more opportunities this year to grill, if our Indian Summer holds. I just didn't get enough burgers on the grill this year.

6. Hawaii: My favorite vacation spot, Maui to be exact. I've been there three times, twice with Brian and now that his brother lives on Oahu, I am hoping to show Brian Pearl Harbor on our next visit.

7. Hemoglobin: My Doctor informed me that my hemoglobin is low. What does this mean? I started taking a daily multi-vitamin so hopefully my hemoglobin count will be in-check.

8. Hotcakes: I am going to get the griddle out this Saturday and cook up some hotcakes (pancakes) for Brian.

9. Housewarming Party: Trying to decide if we will have one or not?

10. Hummingbird: I don't think I saw one hummingbird in our backyard at Rebecca Lane this year.