Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Saying goodbye to Tacoma

Brian and I spent our last weekend together in University Place, packing up our Tacoma life and looking forward to starting fresh in West Seattle. Brian begins the move on Wednesday with the official "big move" on Saturday.

Brian's not the least bit nostalgic about saying goodbye to Tacoma, but I am. There are quite a few places that I am really going to miss.

Here are a few memories.....

Foss Waterway, Chihuly Museum of Glass and the autumn afternoon I spent exploring downtown Tacoma while Brian worked.The Ale House.....pub trivia and great hamburgers.

Gig Harbor only 10 minutes away! Off-the-cuff trips to see the wine lady and grab lunch at the Tides, walk along the harbor and window shop.Chambers Bay.......

I know we will be closer to Alki and Greelake, but Chambers Bay is one great walk I will really miss.

Titlow Beach and the Beach Tavern......within walking distance to Westridge. A great place to grab an afternoon ale and hang out with some colorful locals.

Westridge sunsets......in the winter time from the back deck we could see the Puget Sound.

Goodbye to Tacoma and all its memories!

Enjoy!

Stacy