Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Lunch with Sally

Last week I kept a tradition going. Since my boss, Karen’s death in April I have been trying very hard to fill her shoes. One of the things she loved the most was people – and in particular her clients – so last week I took one of our clients, Sally to lunch.



Sally turned 70 on the 28th of November and I took her to one of her favorite restaurants out in Gresham called the Truffle Hunter. They make the best homemade bread, soups and salads around (not to mention some incredible desserts).



The best part of the day was listening to all of Sally’s stories. She is an incredible lady with an amazing memory and an eye for detail. Her and her husband, Sandy spend their summer’s back in New Hampshire out in a cabin in the woods with no electricity or running water (as Sally has since her youth). Every year I look forward to hearing Sally’s stories from “camp” as I keep Karen’s traditions going.

Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment