Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christmas Cheer!

Christmas came a bit early for Brian and I this past weekend as we drove south to Springfield, OR and spent the weekend with my Dad and Rosemary - to celebrate my Dad's 64th and sprend the holiday cheer.

We drove Brian around Eugene and introduced him to a dear family friend, our Aunt Pat Dahl (not a blood relative, but almost as close). Aunt Pat was both my paternal (Marie) and maternal (Virginia) grandmother’s best friend – and is our last connection to their memories. It was nice seeing her again and also catching up with her daughter, Candy and son-in-law, John – who Brian found out began his radio career as Jivin' Johnny Etheridge in Lower (or is it Slower) Delaware (Milford, I believe). Small world!
We then took Brian to the Oregon Electric Station, a 1912 train depot on the National Register of Historic Places (now a restaurant). You can even dine in antique train cars. We had a glass of wine and Brian really enjoyed walking around and looking at all the memorabilia. Fun place, I think he really enjoyed it.


For dinner my parents took us to Midtown Bistro & Bel Ami Lounge for dinner. Yummy! The rack of lamb was heavingly…Brian had a flank steak - marinated in merlot, Dad chose the duck breast and Rosemary’s tenderloin filet could have been eaten with a spoon. Excellent wine and service – a great meal.
We celebrated Christmas with a home cooked champagne brunch on Sunday. Brian loved his subscription to Wine Spectator and I can’t wait to use my new knife sharpener! Thanks to my parents for a wonderful start to the holiday season.



I think the Tater Mits were a big hit!


Enjoy!

Stace