Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day Weekend in Eugene, OR



Greeting!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. Our weather here in the Pacific NW continues to be cool, cloudy and wet. It was a lovely weekend in Eugene despite not having a clear, sunny day to explore King Estate Winery in Lorane, OR - one of the Willamette Valley's premier wineries. Check out the website for pictures, wine descriptions and the menu.




Brian and I drove down from Portland on Saturday morning and my Dad and Rosemary and Rosemary's mother, Phyllis drove Brian and I out to Lorane, OR for lunch at the estate. We had a wonderful complimentary tasting and all really enjoyed the Pinot Gris and even the "ice" processed dessert wine. Our lunch was fantastic, especially the torchon of duck foie gras with pineapple chutney. It paired well with the Pinot Gris. Brian and my Dad had crabcakes and Rosemary and Phyllis had a white bean soup. Excellent and decadent food.



After lunch we took a wonderful drive around the back side of Spencer's Butte and back to Eugene/Springfield to share our Delaware pictures with the family.

We met my Dad and Rosemary in downtown Eugene for dinner at the Lucky Noodle Cafe for an amazing dinner. Brian once again had the penne with braised beef and I treated myself to the filet mignon special - cooked to perfection. It's quite an interesting restaurant with an Asian theme, but an eclectic menu including pasta, seafood and grilled steak.



It was nice to spend the weekend in Eugene!

Stace