Friday, December 1, 2006

Dinner in Canby



I had dinner with the Hygelund's last night (okay, maybe just Debi). It was the first time I had been to Canby in about a year! Life on the farm is good. Both boys (Miles, 15 and Noel 11) are into wrestling. Miles is ranked in the state of Oregon at 135 pounds and has his first meet today. Good Luck, Miles!

Debbie made this amazing soy/ginger/wasabi glazed Ahi tuna, which she seared on all sides and left bright pink in the middle (good job, Deb)! She also broiled some cod and scallops and had a pot of brown rice.

Unfortunately, Lloyd had to go coach Noel's wrestling team so I didn't get to spend much time catching up with him, but I'll be back on the 18th of December for some "holiday cheer" and maybe a little of Debi's famous Southern Comfort Punch she was telling me about - http://www.recipelink.com/gm/31/569, to which she adds sliced lemons and oranges sprinkled with colored sugar and partially frozen. Sounds Yummy! Always good to catch up with my best friend since the 3rd grade (that's almost 30 years).

Stace