Thursday, May 14, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole

Brian and I hosted Brian's Mother, Ann for Mother's Day Brunch last Sunday. I decided on a quick and easy breakfast casserole along with a fruit salad and chocolate raspberry cake. I came across this recipe (which I have made before) which was just perfect.

Thanks to Ann for the use of her blue floral china, silver and table linens. Thanks to my great Aunt Mildred for the crystal goblets (Mom, I think these were Aunt Mildred's, right)? Brian picked out a beautiful bouquet which really made a beautiful Mother's Day table.

Enjoy!
Stacy



Hash Brown Casserole

Ingredients:

1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

1 cup swiss cheese, shredded

1 can (12 fl. oz.) * NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
8 eggs, beaten

Salt & pepper, to taste

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 pkg. (30 oz.) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
1 onion, chopped
½ green pepper, chopped
½ red pepper, chopped
1 cup cubed ham, pre-cooked crumbled bacon or pre-cooked sausage

Directions:

1. PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.

2. COMBINE cheese, evaporated milk, eggs, salt, black pepper and spices in large bowl.

3. Add potatoes, onion, bell peppers and meat, mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.

4. BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until set.





No comments:

Post a Comment