Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Observations from my summer vacation


For the past few years I've been taking several days before Brian's birthday for vacation.  Since his birthday falls on or near Labor Day, it's the perfect time to make it an extra long weekend.


We always plan a few adventures for the week, but to be honest....just being together in the same house for 6 evenings and 7 days is enough of a vacation for me!


I accomplished a lot of very little.....I relaxed, I read, I slept, I cooked, I drank, I listened to music, I listened to my boyfriend, I napped with my cat, Sammy, I rode my bike (for the first time in 3 years), I sat in our garden and listened to the birds, I gardened, I cleaned, I shopped (I love Trader Joe's), I walked along the Edmond's shore, I baked cupcakes (and I am not much of a baker), I laid on the beach, I gambled (and lost $7), most of all...I spent time recharging my batteries and centering myself.

Here are some more photos of our amazing Summer vacation (the above photos are from our 6 mile Alki bike ride).

 Bon Voyage wine at Wilf's (at Portland train station) with Chick last Tuesday afternoon

Crossing the Columbia River (on train)

Art in Edmonds, WA


Lunch at Rory's in Edmonds


Brian playing with birthday present

Birthday decorations and cupcakes


 Birthday Boy with mum sent to him from my Mom and Kenny

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment