Friday, April 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me! Coldplay in Concert!


I was so excited when I found out Coldplay was bringing their Mylo Xyloto tour to Portland on my 43rd birthday.

What a treat to see one of my favorite bands of all time on my birthday!

Pre-concert drinks and nibbles before hand at The Ringside Fish House.  We enjoyed an amazing Happy Hour Menu with the following nibbles...

Old Bay Potato Chips with Crème Fraiche and Chives - $1.95
Steak Bites with Creamy Horseradish - $2.25
Caesar Salad with Croutons and Parmesan Cheese - $2.25
½ Shell Oysters of the Day with Cocktail Sauce - $3.50 (I got an extra for free because it was my birthday)
Mini Birthday Cakes in honor of Moi!!! (FREE)


We loved the Fish House....a cute bar/lounge with plenty of seating for groups or individuals and a nice area at the bar with about 8 seats (two plasma TV's with plenty of live sporting events) plus very friendly bartenders.




The concert at the Rose Garden was amazing.  After the opening act, Coldplay took the stage for a full on 90 minutes, plus a 5 song encore.  Highlights from the set list included:

"Mylo Xyloto" (contains elements of "Back to the Future Overture") (Instrumental Introduction)
"Hurts Like Heaven"
"In My Place"
"Yellow"
"The Scientist"
"Violet Hill"
"God Put A Smile Upon Your Face"
"Princess of China" with Rhianna on the big screen
"Viva La Vida"
"Paradise"
"Us Against The World"
"Clocks"
"Fix You"
...and they closed the show with "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall"

This is the second time that I have seen Coldplay perform and I must say, that although I enjoyed the outdoor concert in Bend, this show was amazing with lights, confetti, wristbands that lit up like Christmas lights and great interaction from the crowd.  I really missed the intimacy of a smaller venue, but the room really came alive with Chris Martin leading.


What an amazing birthday!

Enjoy!
Stacy

P.S. The two really good photos are courtesy of Facebook (I wished we were that close)

No comments:

Post a Comment