
I've been craving a really good creamy potato salad. I must say, over the Memorial Day holiday I got lazy and bought a pre-packaged brand and it was horrible.
Years ago, up in Seattle at a grocery chain called Larry's, they sold an amazing red potato salad with blue cheese. If you have have the recipe, e-mail me! Until then, this one will have to do, which I think is fairly close.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Blue Cheese Potato Salad
Ingredients:
4 slices of bacon
2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed clean
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 bunch green onions
salt and pepper
1 1/2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
Directions:
Chop bacon and cook over medium heat in a large skillet. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and then cube, leaving skins on.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and carefully stir.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes; folks if it were me....I'd add a big glob of mayo. I am making this on Sunday and it had better be creamy!
4 slices of bacon
2 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed clean
1/2 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 bunch green onions
salt and pepper
1 1/2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
Directions:
Chop bacon and cook over medium heat in a large skillet. Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and then cube, leaving skins on.
In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and carefully stir.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes; folks if it were me....I'd add a big glob of mayo. I am making this on Sunday and it had better be creamy!
No comments:
Post a Comment