Saturday, June 11, 2011

How Well Does Your Garden Grow: One Month Check-in


My garden has been growing for over a month now (planted May 5th) and right off the bat....I had a serious slug issues.

I'd really like to say that I am on the "organic" gardening bandwagon, but perhaps people that follow organic gardening DON'T live in the Pacific NW. Corey's slug bait appears to be working.

Some plants appear to be doing well, but just recently the leaves on my spinach appear to be disintegrating. Is it the weather (rain and cool temps throughout May) or another evil pest??

Our hanging baskets and potted flowers, planted May 21st are doing better this week. A couple of days of sun really makes them happy!

Chick's creation....beautiful potted flowers


If all does according to plan, my first "harvest" (beets) should be ready to eat around July 9th (65 days). I hope they make it!

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment