Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Maui 2011: Day Three; Total Relaxation and Swimming with Fish


They say it takes about three days to totally relax on vacation. We have our routine down pat. Up with first light (or when the first bird chirps) and a huge pot of yummy coffee, followed by a brisk walk and a hearty breakfast.

Tuesday was another quiet day in Kahana. You can't come to West Maui and not have breakfast at the Gazebo. You might wait in line for upwards of an hour, but the food is wonderful and the views of Napili Bay outstanding.


The Gazebo for breakfast; 40 minute wait but the best Portuguese sausage in town

I had a 2PM lomi lomi massage at Napili Kai Beach Resort. Talk about total relaxation. Brian took the time to enjoy the quiet and clam waters for a bit of snorkeling. Napili Bay is protected from big waves most of the year.

Napili (refers to the pili grasses that once grew in this area in abundance) is marked by a string of small bays, leading to Kapalua. This areas offers some of the most beautiful coastline views in West Maui.

In the evening, we walked down to the beach for sunset (6PM) and cooked dinner on the BBQ....some wonderful fresh vegetables, Maui corn, broccoli and salad with some herb chicken.

Did I mention that the stars are amazing? I wish I could take a picture of the night sky.

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment