Our food pyramid has gone global! The dietitian's trusty tool has been reshaped for Asian, Latino and Mediterranean tastes. Believe it or not, you can incorporate international cuisine into your healthy eating plan, but stick with traditions NOT the higher in fat American versions.Growing evidence demonstrates that the Mediterranean diet as well as the macrobiotic Asian diet are beneficial to your health. Diets of these regions consist of high monounsaturated/saturated fat ratio; moderate levels of wine; high consumption of vegetables, fruits, legumes, and grains; moderate consumption of milk and dairy products, mostly in the form of cheese; and low consumption of meat and meat products.
My Pop is coming for a visit this week. Here is our "international" menu.
Enjoy!
Stacy
Monday: Grilled Lamb with Moroccan Sweet-Potato Salad and Basmati Rice (MOROCCO)
Tuesday: Rustic Grilled Veggie Pizza (ITALY)
Wednesday: Mongolian Beef with Brown Rice (omit noodles) (MONGOLIA)
Thursday: Deshutes Brewery Street Fair 5-9 (checking out Portland Food Carts)
I love the theme menu. That's an idea I toy with so I think I will try to do that one of these weeks. Great looking menu. Thanks for sharing. Happy eating!
ReplyDelete