Monday, August 2, 2010

How Green Does Your Garden Grow? UPDATE


A check on the garden this week brings mixed results. With the spring weather inconsistencies (June was the wettest on record in Portland) I didn't get as much planted as I had imagined.

Things in July really took off (including the weeds).....

Our first two basil plants died! Too wet and too cold and the third plant is being eaten alive. Our dill, thyme and rosemary are champions!

I've got blooms (finally) on my tomato, but let's face it.....with all the rain, cool and dampness, something still isn't right. I am still waiting to see signs of fruit.


The star of the garden is the yellow squash. In the past two weeks, it's really taken off and I've got some lovely bright yellowy/orange blossoms.

I am still hopeful that I can plant some broccoli in mid-August and also some lettuce for a fall harvest.

Enjoy!
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment