These December posts are going to be all about Christmas. I'll answer a questions, post a picture and discuss something "Christmasy". Please feel free to leave your answer in the comments below.
Today is day fourteen and today's question is:
Favorite childhood Christmas memory
This story is pretty legendary in our house.
One of the first years after my parent's divorce, my Pop and I went out to get a Christmas Tree. I wanted at least a 6 foot tall tree and when we got to the Christmas Tree lot on Main Street and I picked out a tree, Pop said no...it was too tall. He claimed that when you put it in the Christmas Tree stand, that the stand adds another foot...foot and a half to the tree size, so he grabbed a smaller tree, loaded it into the back of the pick up and off for home we went.
One of the first years after my parent's divorce, my Pop and I went out to get a Christmas Tree. I wanted at least a 6 foot tall tree and when we got to the Christmas Tree lot on Main Street and I picked out a tree, Pop said no...it was too tall. He claimed that when you put it in the Christmas Tree stand, that the stand adds another foot...foot and a half to the tree size, so he grabbed a smaller tree, loaded it into the back of the pick up and off for home we went.

No comments:
Post a Comment